You are hereFrequently Asked Questions / Direct, Individual EB-5 Cases / [Q] Can I participate as a minority interest holder and invest in or create a U.S. business for EB-5 case?

[Q] Can I participate as a minority interest holder and invest in or create a U.S. business for EB-5 case?


Yes, unlike an E-2 visa case, you can be a minority interest holder or owner of a U.S. business. For example, you can own and operate a U.S. business as a 10% owner, along with a U.S. citizen who owns the remaining 90% interest in the business. The other investor can be green card holder or another alien EB-5 investor also.