You are hereFrequently Asked Questions / EB-5 Law & Related U.S. Law / [Q] What is form I-407?

[Q] What is form I-407?

It's a form used to give up one's permanent residence status in front of a consular office at the American Embassy abroad. Under the U.S. immigration law, a permanent resident can "give up" his or her permanent residence at the American Embassy by giving a written affidavit statement.